There’s a lot of really great monthly wrap-up posts out there! My favourite is Jamie’s Monthly Rewind on The Perpetual Page-Turner. This post is inspired by her feature of the same name.
5 Things That Happened in May
1. Guys! I kept up with bullet journalling – my new system seems to be working!
2. I got a 96 on my payroll course mid-term.
3. I drove to NB to surprise my mom on Mother’s Day and we had the absolute BEST weather. We dug out the old dirt bikes and took them for a rip. (Did I mention I’m from a super small hick town? Haha)
4. Almost everything I ordered from Wish actually showed up this month! Including my “It’s LeviOsa, not LeviosA” shirt I’m wearing in the above picture 😀
5. Remember Friends-giving on Friends? Well we did the same thing last October and it went so well, we decided to do it again on Victoria Day…err, Frictoria Day! We got together and made a full chicken meal with all the fixings, and spent the afternoon drinking beers and playing washer toss.
Favourite Book Read in May
This is terrible, but I only read ONE book in May! I’ve been so busy I just haven’t made time for reading. Fortunately, I picked a good ONE, Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo! My review goes up soon, but here’s a peak:
How can someone so driven by their purpose, a purpose that has caused the deaths of countless individuals, be someone I am so drawn to? Learning about The Darkling’s past, figuring out how he had come to be the person he is today, only made me empathize with him more. And the moments he shared with Alina? My skin is on fire just thinking about their stolen time together.
Favourite Post on the Blog in May
I don’t know that I love this post or how I wrote it, but the subject matter still seems to come up in casual conversation. And I’m still feeling conflicted about it. Conflicted About: 13 Reasons Why covers why I felt the show is both irresponsible, yet encouraging a conversation that might not be otherwise happening.
3 Things I’m Looking forward to in June
1. My 30th birthday on the 4th! I sent my husband to Michael Kors during a sale with a photo of a very specific wallet I’ve had my eye on for a while. That, and we’ve got plans for more washer toss, beers and a BBQ. Cross your fingers the weather cooperates!
2. Warmer weather. I know I said I was looking forward to this in May, but there’s a frost warning out as I write this (on May 29th). So…yea, warmer weather. Let’s do this!
3. A new provincial government. We vote on the 30th, and I think it’s time for a change!
What happened in YOUR life this month? Did I miss any posts you think I need to see?