There’s a lot of really great monthly wrap-up posts out there! My favourite is Jamie’s Monthly Rewind on The Perpetual Page-Turner. This post is inspired by her feature of the same name.
Can I just say how excited I am for May? The end of April teased us with some nice weather, so I’m looking forward to the end of April’s showers and the beginning of May’s flowers!
5 Things That Happened in April
1. I started bullet journalling again. This time I’m trying a more minimalist approach. I got things set up according to an Index, and took the time to understand how it’s “supposed” to work before just making everything look pretty. And instead of a daily spread, I’m going for a monthly overview. I don’t always have a ton on the go, but seeing everything at a glance was super helpful in April.
2. I started the first course in my Payroll Certification course for work. I don’t have to be certified in my role, but it can’t hurt and work is paying for it!
3. I spent Easter Monday playing Pokemon Go. We had some absolutely gorgeous weather in Halifax, so a group of friends and I spent hours walking around the waterfront.
4. I learned how to play Clue. Yes, I’m in my late twenties and have never played Clue before. Let’s just say I made up for it in April!
5. I went glow-in-the-dark mini-putting! When the weather didn’t cooperate as planned last weekend, we made the best of it playing arcade games and mini-putt.
Favourite Book Read in April
EASILY this goes to Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Stay tuned for my full review, out later this month. But for now? A teaser:
Whimsical. Ethereal. Lyrical. Laini Taylor has created another world that makes the heart ache with the knowledge that it’s not real. And with characters who are fleshed out so clearly that you look up and expect to see them in front of you, Strange the Dreamer is
Favourite Post on the Blog in April
I’ve got to give this one to 3 Star Reviews and the Frustration of Wasted Potential. Such a silly thing, the 3-star review, and I discuss why I find it so frustrating!
So many chances to change my mind, and encourage me to give them at least 4 stars. But then I get writing about what didn’t work, trying to justify why I had to knock off a couple stars, and before I know it I have a full review of everything that didn’t work.
There’s also Emma Stone gifs. So that’s fun.
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in May
- LONG WEEKEND! Is there anything better than a short work week?
- Warmer weather. I’m tired of being cold all the time. Bring on the sun!
- The Everything, Everything movie! My review of the book is up later this month. Spoiler: I LOVED it. I’m hoping the movie is just as great!
What happened in YOUR life this month? Did I miss any posts you think I need to see?